.Net web service uploading problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by mai, May 9, 2005.

  1. mai

    mai Guest

    Hello everybody

    i created a simple .Net web service and it is working well on my local host.
    but when i uploaded it to my server i got an error

    "Server Error in '/webApp' Application.
    The resource cannot be found.
    dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is
    temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that
    it is spelled correctly.

    Requested Url: /webApp/Service1.asmx"

    i am sure that all files are uploaded!!

    should i do some special configuration to allow the server to run asmx files
    ??!!
    please if anyone know the problem reason or solution please help me.

    Thanks

    mai
    mai, May 9, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bWFp?= <> wrote in
    > i created a simple .Net web service and it is working well on my local
    > host. but when i uploaded it to my server i got an error
    >
    > "Server Error in '/webApp' Application.

    Did you configure this directory as an application?

    > should i do some special configuration to allow the server to run asmx
    > files ??!!
    > please if anyone know the problem reason or solution please help me.

    Yes. Did you install .NET and ASP.NET even?

    Blog: http://blogs.atozed.com/kudzu
    Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu, May 9, 2005