.NET Web services in WebSphere

Guest

Hi all,

Is there any third-party tool to make a .NET web service usable in
WebSphere. If there is not such a tool; has anyone come across this dillema
and figured out the solution.
Thanks in advance,

Roy

John Saunders [MVP]

Roy said:
Hi all,

Is there any third-party tool to make a .NET web service usable in
WebSphere. If there is not such a tool; has anyone come across this
dillema
and figured out the solution.

I wouldn't call it a dilemma. I'd call it a platform choice. They're
different platforms (Java vs. .NET), and I don't think you're going to find
such a tool.

Any such tool would have to include a way for .NET to run inside of a J2EE
environment. That would be interesting, to say the least.

Mike Placentra II

Check out the Mono project

http://mono-project.com/

It allows you to run .net on *nix. There's even a mod_mono which
allows running ASP.net on Apache, but that's a step farther than
you're asking to go.

If you're on Windows, you can use the PHP COM extension to load .net
things

http://php.net/COM

There's also this thing, I'm not completely sure what it does but the
comments have some useful information

http://php.net/dotnet

-Michael Placentra II

Mike Placentra II

I wouldn't call it a dilemma. I'd call it a platform choice. They're
different platforms (Java vs. .NET), and I don't think you're going to find
such a tool.

PHP-Java integration is pretty cool, but PHP is built on C. PHP
extensions are generally written in C also.

Before C it was built on PERL, hence the similar syntax.

-Michael Placentra II