.NET winform application. email function is pointed to the SMTP server of Linux. But it showns "Pick

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Benny Ng, Mar 30, 2006.

  1. Benny Ng

    Benny Ng Guest

    Dear All,
    Now I just finished my winform application. And a part of that is to
    send email reminder to the users. It's working fine in the server that with
    SMTP service in Windows 2003.

    But now the user wants to used the Linux server to send email messages.
    (already installed the SMTP service in that). Unfortunatelly one error shown
    after the sending funciton invoked.

    It shows "Pickup directory is not existed,x,x,x,,"

    It's well known that in SMTP service of windows system. There are
    several folders in the C:\Inetpub\MailRoot, "Picker,BadMail,Queue,etc.".
    When one email message is created. It would first to into "Pickup" folder.
    And then changes to "Queue" folder. And then sent out.

    But seems Linux system didn't has those folder or the architecture is
    not same as windows system. So it prompts errors.

    Should I goto change the email function and didn't use the CDO object to
    send emails? Change to used Jmail to send messages? Is this a solution for
    me?

    Let me describe this one again.

    CDO + Email Function + SMTP Service (Windows 2003) <--Successed
    CDO + Email Function + SMTP Service (Linux System) <--Failed

    The program is still runs on the Windows 2003 system. Only changed SMTP
    Server's content that in the configuration file to Linux System.
    (mail.abc.com)

    So, Can you give me any suggestion about this issue?

    Best Regards,

    Benny Ng
    Benny Ng, Mar 30, 2006

  2. Benny Ng

    Benny Ng Guest

    Dear All,

    The following is the source code snippet. Please review it.

    using CDO;
    using Message = CDO.Message;

    Message oMsg = new Message();

    oMsg.From = SendEmailAddress;
    oMsg.To = userEmail;
    oMsg.Subject = "Prospect Reminder";
    oMsg.HTMLBody = EmailContent.ToString();
    oMsg.TextBody = EmailContent.ToString();

    oFields["http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing"].Value
    = 1;
    oFields["http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendemailaddress"].Value
    = SendEmailAddress; //sender mail
    oFields["http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpaccountname"].Value
    = SendAccountName; //email account
    oFields["http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername"].Value
    = SendUserName;
    oFields["http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword"].Value
    = SendPassWord;
    oFields["http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate"].Value
    = SendAuthentication;
    //value=0 Anonymous
    //value=1 Basic£¨basic (clear-text) authentication.
    //The configuration sendusername/sendpassword or
    postusername/postpassword fields are used to specify credentials.£©

    //Value=2 NTLM£¨Secure Password Authentication in Microsoft Outlook
    Express£©
    oFields["http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/languagecode"].Value
    = 0x0804;
    oFields["http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver"].Value