.Net Winforms Control Deployment

Billy

I have written a .Net Windows Control which I am hosting in Internet
Explorer 6/7 which is working.

The problem I am having is deploying this control to the client
machines. I have created a CAB file, referenced it in the codebase
property of my object tag and get a "Do you want to install ..."
dialogue appearing.

The installer is not working. Can anyone point me to a sample to
create cab/inf files that will install/register my assembly on a
client machine. I've tried adding setup.msi files to the CAB file and
using a hook to run msiexec /i serup.msi asper some examples but to no
avail.

Regards

Simon

Juan T. Llibre

Wrong newsgroup.

This newsgroup is for WebForms, not WinForms.
Try posting your question to the microsoft.public.dotnet.framework ng on this same server.

bruce barker

the IE active/x installer is rather simple and uses a restricted inf file
(won't run an installer). it basically copies the ocx dll and supporting to a
folder and registers it:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa751974(VS.85).aspx

IE supporting winforms is a dead techonology, thus the lask of
documentation. The current story is to use silverlight to host .net
components.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)