.net WS &j2ee,php, pearl client

Hemant

I have to design & develop a web service in .net, whose
clients will be in j2ee, php & pearl. Which all things
like data types to be used, soap interpretability & rest,
I have to take care of (in detail) for perfect
interpretability. I was also looking a sample web service
build in these lines.

Thanx,
Hemant

Jan Tielens

My experiences:
- use document/literal (default), not rpc encoded xml
- you can use any data type, either a simple data type (string, int, ...) or
custom classes
- first build your interface, check if it works, then build the back-end and
clients

I've used VS.NET 2003 and I was pretty amazed how little problems there were
with java-j2ee interop. using webservices! Good luck!

--
Greetz

Jan Tielens
________________________________

Paolo Pialorsi [DevLeap]

I totally agree with Jan about .NET and J2EE integration:
- start from the message (XSD) then move to the services description (WSDL)
and finally write your back-end code.
- use document/literal
- Axis (http://ws.apache.org/) works very well as a .NET client library for
Java
- handle with care DateTime (in Java are java.util.Calendar) and out/ref
params in WebMethods definitions

From a .NET <-> PHP point of view ... it's not so easy!
When your client is PHP, in my experience, it's better to use RPC/encoded
SOAP messages and it's a little bit hard to handle DateTime values in PHP.
PHP Pear Soap and PHP NuSoap are the best platforms to build WS with PHP ...
but are not so good if compared to .NET, AXIS or JWSDP.

Remember that RPC/encoded is not WS-I compliant .... so I suggest you to
stay on the WS-I side, write a document/literal WS and make the PHP guys
work manually to handle it.

Paolo