NetBean people, give some help!

Paul

Hello,

I have installed Netbeans 5.0 in my Laptop.
Everything (almost) works ok, until my Laptop is disconnected from Internet.
After disconnect embedded Tomcat in Netbeans fails to deploy application and
start
Tomcat.

Why?????? Why can't Netbean deploy and run WebApplication under embedded
Tomcat when
Internetconnection is closed.

And as a Laptop user I quite often code without Internet connection.

Have anyone any ideas where the problen is.

Have a nice weekend!

Manfred Rosenboom

I assume your Laptop is running under Windows XP.
Windows XP loose the IP address when the machine is not
connected to the Internet.

For this situation I have installed the Microsoft loopback
adapter on my notebook, using the same IP address for
the loopback adapter as for my LAN board. Whenever I'm
not connected to the Internet, I just enable the
loopback adapter. Before connecting to the Internet
again, I just disable the loopback adapter.

Mark Space

Paul said:
Sounds reasonable. Where did you get that Microsoft lookback adapter?

It does sound reasonable, but on my system NetBeans launches
applications through Tomcat as "localhost," not any IP address.

If the loopback adapter idea doesn't work, you might want to check that
your HOSTS file is set up correctly. "localhost" should resolve to
127.0.0.1. If not, add that entry. (HOSTS is in the WINNT directory,
under drivers\etc, iirc.)

Otherwise, check Tomcat itself can come up, outside of NetBeans. Try it
from the command line, and as a service under Windows (from the GUI).
Check what NetBeans is is trying to launch, and make sure you can
resolve that manually also (localhost, 127.0.0.1, or whatever). You
might want to check the NetBeans config to see what it is trying to do.

If none of these work, find the relavent console output under NetBeans
and any relevant Tomcat logs, and post 'em up, and we'll have another go.