NetBeans 3.5.1 unusable

Jim Garrison

I just upgraded to 3.5.1 from 3.5. What happened?

I have a 3.0 GHz P4 workstation with 512MB memory, but NB seems to
be unable to keep up with mouse clicks, scrolling, and even keyboard
entry. It can take 5 seconds to respond to a scroll request,
or right-click.

In its current state, it's totally unusable.

Eddie McCreary

marques de sade

I just upgraded to 3.5.1 from 3.5. What happened?

I have a 3.0 GHz P4 workstation with 512MB memory, but NB seems to
be unable to keep up with mouse clicks, scrolling, and even keyboard
entry. It can take 5 seconds to respond to a scroll request,
or right-click.

In its current state, it's totally unusable.

i'm glad i'm not the only one. yeah, it was totally unusable on my windows 98 computer so i
uninstalled it. it would take like 5 minutes to open a file up and stuff. waste of time...

i guess i might as well delete the installer, i can always download the latest sdk installer any
time... it came in a bundle with sdk 1.4.2.

--

octinomos (http://www.nyx.net/~dlongori/strck.htm)

Hypothesis: Arafat's policy is to foment and sponsor suicide terrorism
in order to stage a political theater - a morality play - where the
Palestinians are presented as desperate and the Israelis as callously
oppressive or worse. --Francisco Gil-White (http://tenc.net/)

Thomas Kellerer

Jim said:
I just upgraded to 3.5.1 from 3.5. What happened?

I have a 3.0 GHz P4 workstation with 512MB memory, but NB seems to
be unable to keep up with mouse clicks, scrolling, and even keyboard
entry. It can take 5 seconds to respond to a scroll request,
or right-click.

In its current state, it's totally unusable.

Works without problems on my 1GHz Athlon & 512 MB RAM

Although I'm using 3.5 (not 3.5.1) but the changes between those versions are
very minor.

Problems with Swing applications are often due to problems with the graphics
driver and/or the DirectX installation. Did you try to turn off the usage of
DirectX for Swing (put -J-Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true into your ide.cfg)

Thomas

marques de sade

Works without problems on my 1GHz Athlon & 512 MB RAM

Although I'm using 3.5 (not 3.5.1)

duh? when you install 3.5.1 then you'll be able to comment on it.