Netbeans 4.1 lag time

DC

I just installed Netbeans 4.1, and there is a 6 or 7 second lag time
for everything that I do. What could be causing this? I already tried
uninstalling and reinstalling Netbeans.

proGex

In my experience that happens when I run NB on a slow computer
What is the spec of the computer you are running on?

mk

The thing that worked for me was to disable the RefactorIT module. Use
Tools/Setup Wizard/Next to get to the modules installation screen.

I also saw some improvement by disabling all the automatic parsing
(errors javadoc and autocompletion).