NetBeans 5 JavaDoc support in editor

jpan_home

Hi,

Is there some sort of editor plug-in for generating skeleton JavaDoc
inline? In Eclipse or JBuilder, I can type

/**

and press enter, directly above a method/class, and the entire skeleton
javadoc is created, with @param and all that? It really helps with
coding, as opposed to the external tool which I find to be a bit
cumbersome to use.

I searched all over and can't seem to find it, and jindent doesn't have
an editor for netbeans, and even if they did, it seems costly.

Please help, thank you!

Thomas Kellerer

Hi,

Is there some sort of editor plug-in for generating skeleton JavaDoc
inline? In Eclipse or JBuilder, I can type

/**

and press enter, directly above a method/class, and the entire skeleton
javadoc is created, with @param and all that? It really helps with
coding, as opposed to the external tool which I find to be a bit
cumbersome to use.
5.5 has Tools -> "Correct Javadoc" which does exactly what you are describing.
Actually it does not even require you to type /**.

I don't think this was available in 5.0 though. But 5.5 is now at RC2 which is
very stable. There would be no reason not to try it.

Thomas