Netbeans and Eclipse on same project?

Michael Mellinger

Can Netbeans and Eclipse be made to work on the same projects? I
still mainly use Emacs but the Netbeans GUI stuff has been growing on
me. Today I spent some time with an Eclipse 3.2 beta and it seems
very functional. There's gotta be some cool stuff in there that
Netbeans can't do (and vice versa). You can do Ant builds with
Eclipse, and Netbeans is Ant based so it would be very nice to have
the option to use Netbeans, Emacs or Eclipse on my projects. Can this
be done safely?

-Mike

Kroll, Michael

Hello,

I think you don't can use NetBeans and Eclipse at the same projekt.
NetBeans can import Eclipse Projekts but not export the back.
What do you miss in NetBeans 5 ?

Regards
Michael

Thomas Kellerer

Can Netbeans and Eclipse be made to work on the same projects? I
still mainly use Emacs but the Netbeans GUI stuff has been growing on
me. Today I spent some time with an Eclipse 3.2 beta and it seems
very functional. There's gotta be some cool stuff in there that
Netbeans can't do (and vice versa). You can do Ant builds with
Eclipse, and Netbeans is Ant based so it would be very nice to have
the option to use Netbeans, Emacs or Eclipse on my projects. Can this
be done safely?

As long as you separate the IDE specific project definition and the
actual sources, then you can mix the environments.

We are storing the application sources (.java files, JSP Pages, etc) in
CVS but we do not store any IDE specific stuff there. So everyone is
free to set up his own environment.

Thomas