Netbeans AND RCP

Nate

Good morning! Let me apologize in advance if this is not the
appropriate place for this post... nevertheless, I figured this would be
a good place to start.

We are in the midst of a project involving Netbeans and RCP. As most
are aware, netbeans experience is relatively easy to identify; it is
the RCP experience that is a 'bit more difficult.

Netbeans is being used as a framework for the XML rules editor. What
we want to be able to do is allow a user to pull the rule down and
manipulate it in a graphical environment.

On our project, RCP is providing the framework, and allows us to
create the graphics editor (reusable modules, generally making things
easier to program than jut Java Swing)

Here is what we are trying to ascertain:
Is it capable of providing the following features:

1) Data modeling (visual representation)

2) debugging capabilities (is there a debugger out there that can be
used, or a customizable debugger, or better yet, the source code for
an existing debugger?)

3) Data Dictionary (the knowledgebase of the math variables. Is it is
possible for netbeans to check things as you type (on the fly) against
the existing data dictionary that contains the knowledgebase of the
math variables, if it is installed in a remote database? Analogous to
what Microsoft Word does if you spell a word incorrectly... it tells
you right away as you are typing, before you run the spell check.

Please let me know if you have a few minutes to chat... ultimately, we
would like to try to work with someone who can provide ongoing
expertise in this area, but any assistance you could provide would be
helpful. Thanks so much for your time!

- Nate

Nate Sharp

Diamond Technologies
(office) 302-656-6050
(fax) 302-656-6058
(mobile) 302-545-3671
(e-mail address removed)

Andrew Thompson

Good morning! Let me apologize in advance if this is not the
appropriate place for this post... nevertheless, I figured this would be
a good place to start.

A good way to start, is to not alienate your potential
audience by multi-posting.
<http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.html#xpost>
Please refrain from multi-posting, in future.

(X-post to c.l.j.p./g., w/ f-u to c.l.j.p. only)

Andrew Thompson

Nate said:
Good morning! ...

As an aside, Nate. Replying to a post on these groups is not
an invitation to send me email. If you have something worth
hearing, please put it here.

(The email was deleted, unread.)