Netbeans: bottom scroll bar of jScrollPane not working

Ken

I am not that savvy a Swing programmer... so I am using Netbeans to
help make the GUI and since I am not used to it, it is giving me more
headaches than help...

I've got a jTable inside a jScrollPane and have loaded a table with
90+ columns and all I can see are little squares. The side scroll bar
does work. If I count the squares there are less than 90 so it seems
the view is bigger horizontally than it shows. If I copy the contents
of the table and paste it into a spread sheet all the content is
there...

What should I look for?

It is probably a very simple setting, but it is driving me nuts.

Thank you in advance.

Andrew Thompson

I am not that savvy a Swing programmer... so I am using Netbeans to
help make the GUI and since I am not used to it, it is giving me more
headaches than help...

The SaverBeans settings dialog is, I believe,
a masterpiece of NetBeans GUI coding. Not only
was it designed in 'Matisse' or whatever NB
calls the GUI designer, but it uses J2SE core
layouts and components, and *still* manages to
assemble a GUI from an XML description (based
on the XScreenSaver settings format) at run-time.

Having said that, the SB settings dialog was
coded by a master of GUI devlopment (a former
Sun employee, and quite savvy developer) who is
an expert on using NetBeans.

For my part, as someone who considers themselves
experienced with GUI design, I find that Matisse
and NetBeans just gets in the way of me coding a
GUI, and I am more often left trying to figure how
to get the IDE to do what I already know how to
do in code.

To get to a point:
The first example persuades me that the NetBeans
GUI designer can be a powerful tool in the hands of
someone who is *knowledgable of Swing layouts* and
has *sufficient experience with NetBeans.*

But to achieve that, you *first* need to be experienced
with using the J2SE layouts.

My advice to you is to drop the GUI designer for
the moment and learn how to code Swing yourself.
Otherwise the GUI produced will..
- take longer, and
- be fragile.

That was also good advice about the SSCCE. There
are many possible reasons for the behaviour described.

Ken

Thank everyone for your assistance...

I want to thank the person who sent me an email which simply said :
add this line

table.setAutoResizeMode(JTable.AUTO_RESIZE_OFF);

That solved it perfectly thank you.