    extensions change automatically from *.java to* .jav and from *.form to
    *.fr.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    rahul, Feb 19, 2006

  2. rahul

    Chris Uppal Guest

    rahul wrote:

    > Does netbeans associate some property to a project folder that is lost
    > when it's written to a cd? If yes, is there anyway we could restore the
    > folder as a project folder?

    I have no idea about Netbeans, but I'd try creating a new project (with the
    same name) and then overwriting it with the data from the CD.

    > Also when we copy the project folder from cd to the disk, the
    > extensions change automatically from *.java to* .jav and from *.form to
    > *.fr.

    Obviously you'll have to change them back ! You'll probably have to remove
    write-protection too (if Windows behaves as I remember). It's a good idea not
    to make backups by copying files directly to CD since too much information gets
    lost. I find it better to create a ZIP archive of the data, and copy /that/ to
    CD.

    Or use a better backup system, of course.

    -- chris
    Chris Uppal, Feb 19, 2006

  3. Hello,

    > Does netbeans associate some property to a project folder that is lost
    > when it's written to a cd? If yes, is there anyway we could restore the
    > folder as a project folder?

    no, the complete project folder as all the thing that NetBeans need.
    I made the same with my Project under NetBeans 4.1 and in the moment
    with 5.0. It works fine.
    To do have a rewrite flag of your folder ?

    Regards
    Michael

    --
    http://www.smurfi.de
    German NetBeans and GlassFish Site
    Kroll, Michael, Feb 20, 2006
  4. rahul

    krh

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    I have encountered a similar problem with NetBeans v5.0 and v6.0.1. I use a Network Attached Storage (NAS) device for all my files. I have created projects using my desktop computer, and later if I try to open the folder on my laptop, the IDE doesn't realize the folder is a NetBeans project. When I select the "Open Project" button, it just navigates down into the folder rather than opening it as a project.

    There must be some attribute that is not being recognized. Does anyone know why it would behave like this?

    Thanks,
    Ken
    krh, Mar 24, 2008
  5. rahul

    pani

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    I am having exactly the same problem and its really annoying as I want to store these projects on my NAS which is backed up automatically instead of my personal computer.

    I also want to access the projects from another computer but this prevents me from doing this other than having a share on my personal computer. Its not idea.

    This can't be a unique problem - many people must experience this.
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
    pani, Aug 12, 2008
  6. rahul

    subhashchandra

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Problem solved: Cant open project folder in Netbeans

    Hi guys!!:smile:

    I had a similar problem with Netbeans 6.5 and finally came up with the solution.

    The problem started when I(we) deleted the project from Netbeans, rather closing the project(though the project still exists on the hard drive)

    So, this had deleted three folders called "build","dist" and "nbproject" and an XML file called "build".

    Solution: Now in order for Netbeans to recogonize ur project as a "project folder" rather than as an ordinary folder, you have to follow the following steps,

    Method 1:

    Step 1: Create a New project of the same kind(as ur old project, I mean if its Java project create the same).

    Step 2: Go to ur newly created project folder on ur hard drive and copy the folders and XML file which were missing, ie.. "build", "dist","nbproject" and an XML file called "build".

    Step 3: Paste these in ur old project(which had the problem).

    Step 4:Open ur old project as usual in Netbeans.

    Method 2

    If you have a backup of the project which was once workin fine, then copy those file and folder which were missing and paste them in the present(ur not workin project) and open it as usual from Netbeans.

    This worked jus fine for me people and im sure it'll work for u guys too..

    I enjoyed the problem :top:

    C ya:ciao:
    Subhash Chandra.N.V
    subhashchandra, Feb 3, 2011