Netbeans can't see javax.crypto package

Digby

Hi,

I've got Java 1.4.1, and Netbeans 3.5.1, and while Netbeans can see packages
like java.nio, it can't see javax.crypto.* - either when compiling or with
code completion.

I've checked that jce.jar is in JAVA_HOME\jre\jib - looks fine to me.

Any ideas?

TIA

Digby

Bob X

Digby said:
Hi,

I've got Java 1.4.1, and Netbeans 3.5.1, and while Netbeans can see packages
like java.nio, it can't see javax.crypto.* - either when compiling or with
code completion.

I've checked that jce.jar is in JAVA_HOME\jre\jib - looks fine to me.

That path cannot be correct. If anything it should be JAVA_HOME\jre\lib <--
notice it is lib not jib.

Thomas Kellerer

Digby said:
Hi,

I've got Java 1.4.1, and Netbeans 3.5.1, and while Netbeans can see packages
like java.nio, it can't see javax.crypto.* - either when compiling or with
code completion.

I've checked that jce.jar is in JAVA_HOME\jre\jib - looks fine to me.

Any ideas?

TIA

Digby
Are you by any chance using fastjavac or jikes to compile your classes? I recall
a bug with any non-jdk compiler in NetBeans which would not pick up the jce.jar.

Go to the compiler definition and add the library in classpath. I would not
mount jce.jar into the project because if you switch back to the jdk compiler
you'll have to unmount it again. And you can set the compiler definition
including the jce.jar so that any other project will pick that up

Thomas

Digby

It seems I was being an idiot. It's all there - just wasn't reading my
exceptions properly.