    etc.) If so, where do I find the archive file(s) with the SDK source?
    (I have no idea where Apple installed it to).

    Thanks in advance for any assistance.

    Leonard Slatkin, Nov 30, 2003

  2. Leonard Slatkin

    Ray Tayek Guest

    Re: NetBeans: How to mount the Java SDK javadocs (on Mac, if thatmatters)

    Leonard Slatkin wrote:
    > I'd like the javadoc descriptions to automatically pop-up with the
    > code-completion entries (now, it can't find it).

    my nb 3.5.1 seems to do this more or less automatically (on windoze 98
    and xp)

    > I've tried adding the SDK docs to the JavaDoc Manager using both HTTP
    > (the Sun API website at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/ ) and
    > my local copy of the same. No joy - should that work? (I thought so)

    sorry, don't know what the manager is.

    > I found "Mounting the Java 2 SDK" in the help file. Do I really need to
    > go through all that? (Un-JAR'ing all the SDK source, repackaging it,
    > etc.) If so, where do I find the archive file(s) with the SDK source?
    > (I have no idea where Apple installed it to).

    you should not need the source. i would think that netbeans would find
    the docs if you put it in the java home directory at the same level as
    bin (it should unzip, er ungnutar into docs/) - but i am not a mac person.

    you should get the code completion in netbeans without the javadocs, i
    don't have some of them and it just says no javadoc, but shows it if it
    can find it.

    you might try the netbeans mailing list.

    hth
    ---
    ray tayek http://tayek.com/ actively seeking mentoring or telecommuting work
    vice chair orange county java users group http://www.ocjug.org/