NetBeans IDE - JSP & JavaBeans Project set-up...! Where's the logic?

Philip McKee

Need help setting up a project with NetBeans. I wont to write beans to
be called from a JSP page. I am having problems working out the logic
of the directory and file structure to do this. My beans compile with
no problem, the JSP seams to be well formed, but the beans are not
visible from the JSP page, through usebean tag. Can anyone help with
any suggestions, or good links to tutorials etc. HELP its driving me
bananas. Many thanks…!

Christophe Vanfleteren

Philip said:
Need help setting up a project with NetBeans. I wont to write beans to
be called from a JSP page. I am having problems working out the logic
of the directory and file structure to do this. My beans compile with
no problem, the JSP seams to be well formed, but the beans are not
visible from the JSP page, through usebean tag. Can anyone help with
any suggestions, or good links to tutorials etc. HELP its driving me
bananas. Many thanks…!

What do you mean by "not visible" in the jsp file?

Do you import the classes using the <%@ import="..."%> attribute?
Are the bean classes in a package?
Do the jsp's compile?

Be more specific please.

Philip McKee

Christophe Vanfleteren said:
What do you mean by "not visible" in the jsp file?

Do you import the classes using the <%@ import="..."%> attribute?
Are the bean classes in a package?
Do the jsp's compile?

Be more specific please.

Christophe Vanfleteren

Many many thanks, the jsp / javabeans has been driving me mad over the
last 2/3 days. Your mention of packages light the light in my head. I
was not putting my beans in packages..!
Thanks again

Philip McKee