NetBeans IDE Windows executable file?

Mark Haag

I'm trying to figure out how to get NetBeans to build my java code
into an independantly executable Windows file. For instance, my code
can only execute in the NetBeans environment. Can a build a
someName.exe file? If not what could I do to make a file that will run
on a Windows computer without NetBeans?

Thanks.

Mark

Christophe Vanfleteren

Mark said:
I'm trying to figure out how to get NetBeans to build my java code
into an independantly executable Windows file. For instance, my code
can only execute in the NetBeans environment. Can a build a
someName.exe file? If not what could I do to make a file that will run
on a Windows computer without NetBeans?

Thanks.

Mark

You'll need to make an executable jar. If you distribute that, the users
will only have to double click it (provided they have a JRE).
More info on http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/jar/basics/index.html