Netbeans newbie -- Project folders not recognized

Dom

I'm new to Netbeans. Is there any reason that a project I start up can
not be opened in a later session? The IDE does not seem to recognice
the folder as a Netbeans Project folder.

TIA,
dom

Aravind

I am new to Netbeans too - but never had any such issue.
Can you be more specific about the directory where your project files
are located etc. I am sure someone will be able to help you out.

Kunkhmer

It shuld.
Did you try to open form Netbeans file menu?

Otherwise you can create new project with existing source
and delete which ever folder belong to older version (when netbeans
complaint)

Dom

I think I just saw the problem, and maybe I'm using NB incorrectly.
When I want to remove a project from the project table, I right-click
on it and choose "Delete". When the dialog box comes up I leave
unchecked the box that requests to delete the files also. I think it
is at the point that NB changes the folder, so that it is no longer
seen as a project folder, and I am unable to open it again.

If I am correct about this, then I should not be using "Delete" to
remove a project from the project table. How should I do this?

Dom

Dom

Just answered my own question. "Close Project". Duh! But I still
think it is odd that NB will remove the "project folder" tag from the
directory.

Now the new question. Is there a way for me to "return" a folder to the
list of project folders? That is, can I "undelete" a project?

TIA,
Dom

Thomas Kellerer

Dom wrote on 27.11.2006 18:21:
Just answered my own question. "Close Project". Duh! But I still
think it is odd that NB will remove the "project folder" tag from the
directory.

Now the new question. Is there a way for me to "return" a folder to the
list of project folders? That is, can I "undelete" a project?
If you used "Close" (not delete) to close the project simply use "File -> Open
Project" to re-open that folder

Thomas

Nigel Wade

Dom said:
Just answered my own question. "Close Project". Duh! But I still
think it is odd that NB will remove the "project folder" tag from the
directory.

Now the new question. Is there a way for me to "return" a folder to the
list of project folders? That is, can I "undelete" a project?

I doubt it. I think the project information will be lost.

You could try "New Project..." and select "General->Java Project with Existing
Sources".

Joined
Sep 26, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Worked for me

I received a zip file of a NetBeans project and when I expanded it NB did not recognize the expanded project folder as a project.
When I looked at the properties of the folder it reported that the folder and contents were Read-Only. Changing that setting then allowed NetBeans to open the project. I hope this helps.

Ron