Netbeans Question : Editor View

nbuserx

The [Source|Design] switch in netbeans 4.0 is really neat. But
the only problem I have is that when I have the pallete sidebar
visible in Design view and I switch to the source view its still
there... and as I switch alot between the two modes its slightly
inconveniant to keep sliding it down and bringing it back up...
I have to do this as it takes alot of space on the screen.

My goal is to have it automatically minimise when I use the code
editor view and come back up without interaction when I switch
to Design view.

I hope there is a way.

Thanks. Asif

Mark Murphy

The [Source|Design] switch in netbeans 4.0 is really neat. But
the only problem I have is that when I have the pallete sidebar
visible in Design view and I switch to the source view its still
there... and as I switch alot between the two modes its slightly
inconveniant to keep sliding it down and bringing it back up...
I have to do this as it takes alot of space on the screen.

My goal is to have it automatically minimise when I use the code
editor view and come back up without interaction when I switch
to Design view.

There is a small rectangle in the title bar. If you select that the
window will dock into the side out of the way. Once you mouse over it,
or click on it, it will expand to normal size as long as you are over
the window.

Another option is to double click on the files name tab and it will
expand to take up the entire window. Then double click again to shrink
it down.

Hope this does what you want.

Mark M