    seems like my ruby plug-ins are not installing properly?
    Thanks.
    Bharat

    Bharat Ruparel, Mar 7, 2007

  2. On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 03:22 +0900, Bharat Ruparel wrote:
    > Has anyone successfully installed Ruby/Ruby on Rails plug-in modules in
    > NetBeans? I have downloaded and installed the following file by
    > unzipping it in the NetBeans folder.
    > netbeans-6_0-daily-bin-200703041900-4_Mar_2007_1900.zip
    > I start it by launching NetBeans.exe file. The NetBeans IDE starts
    > fine. Then I went to the Update Center and chose the Ruby and Ruby on
    > Rail plug-ins and installed them. When I start a new project (I am
    > careful in not choosing a project name with spaces or "-" in them). I
    > am following the basic demo on the NetBeans site and naming my project
    > "BlogDemo" off C:\demo directory, I am getting Java exceptions
    > regardless of if I choose ruby project or a rails project. The NetBeans
    > environment hangs. This does not happen if I choose a Java project of
    > any kind.
    > If anyone can post a simple set of steps to install ruby support in
    > NetBeans with downloaded file names etc., I will appreciate it. It
    > seems like my ruby plug-ins are not installing properly?
    > Thanks.
    > Bharat

    which version of NetBeans are you using? I think the ruby support is
    for Version 6, milestone 7....

    Reid Thompson, Mar 7, 2007

  3. Bharat Ruparel, Mar 7, 2007
  4. On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 03:30 +0900, Bharat Ruparel wrote:
    > Sorry. It is NetBeans 6.0 M7 release.

    Ok -- running the linux version seems to be working fine for me..
    UBUNTU 6.10, I did reconfigure it to use the native ruby executable
    rather than the bundled jruby....

    Reid Thompson, Mar 7, 2007
  5. I think that I am actually going in reverse here!!
    I removed NetBeans completely. Installed the Q-Build based on a
    recommendation on the site and am trying to connect to the Update Center
    using Update Manager. I get time out and cannot connect to the internet
    from within NetBeans. The machine is on the Internet. It is asking me
    for Proxy Configuration. Clicking on Proxy settings opens up a General
    dialog which displays the following options:

    No proxy
    Use System Proxy
    Manual Proxy Settings

    It does not matter which one I select and I don't know the Manual Proxy
    Settings. I am behind a Comcast firewall and behind a router. How do I
    determine which Proxy settings to use?
    Thanks.
    Bharat

    Bharat Ruparel, Mar 7, 2007
  6. Problem solved. On my other laptop which is not connected to corporate
    VPN, and therefore is not behind a proxy server, NetBeans installed
    fine. I could use the Update Center to download ruby and ruby on rails
    modules and things seem to be working fine. Another difference between
    two laptops is that this one is running JDK 1.4.2 whereas the one behind
    the proxy server is running jdk 1.6. But that should not be a problem,
    I will test and then report.

    Bharat Ruparel, Mar 8, 2007