netbeans Security manager - where is it bred?

gbruno

I have an applet that makes a Socket Client
It runs OK from comandline appletviewer and from Firefox
BUT netbeans runs appletviewer with a tighter security policy
not allowiing sockets..
Where is netbeans SecurityPolicy??
I put this:
grant codeBase "file:C:/mydir/-" {
permission java.security.AllPermission;
};
into netbeans ide.policy
this did NOT help but I cant help feeling that ide.policy should be
placed somewhere.
How do I get netbeans IDE to have the SecurityPolicy of the naked
machine?

(please dont tell me to use some SecurityManager Class, programatically
tweaking the Security Manager is deprecated, I have it on good
authority.
Nor do I want to fiddle with signed Applets - which would mean being in
Hock to Verisign California forever)
gbruno.tblog.com

Andrew Thompson

Nor do I want to fiddle with signed Applets - which would mean being in
Hock to Verisign California forever)

No it wouldn't. You can use a self-signed certificate.

It will only cost you the time needed to go through the docs
and learn how to perform the arcane process of setting it up.

Harish

It will only cost you the time needed to go through the docs
and learn how to perform the arcane process of setting it up.

Read between lines:

I don't know the answer to ur question, but i am itching to make another
post, this post with my signature will increase my web-traffic more, and
even page rank....please help, i am an ol'man trying to make some money for
my retirement...
Andres 'arse' Thompson

Sudsy

Harish wrote:
Read between lines:

I don't know the answer to ur question, but i am itching to make another
post, this post with my signature will increase my web-traffic more, and
even page rank....please help, i am an ol'man trying to make some money for
my retirement...
Andres 'arse' Thompson

Delve into the archives (<http://groups.google.com>) and see how many
people Andrew has helped over the past couple of years. Witness the
number of accolades he's earned from those he's helped...
So your point would be?
If all you wish to contribute is sniping then I suggest that you cease
and desist. Material submissions are always welcome! ;-)

Harish

he is all but an ol'hack trying to learn from others but at the same time
deny them...for sure he is amn of integrity....this is just my opinion and
mine only.
but if someone shares the same ...i give up..

Andrew Thompson

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 22:19:43 -0500, Harish wrote:

(trimmed, reinstated)
(please trim sigs. from replies)
Read between lines:

Check the sites..
I don't know the answer to ur question,

JWS?
<http://www.physci.org/install/download.jsp>

Self signed certificates?
..but i am itching to make another post,

( I can see you are, after getting a thrashing from Randy Webb
on that other thread. Better use some powder for that ;)
..this post with my signature will increase my web-traffic more, and
even page rank....please help,

You should perhaps try clicking the links and reading the information
contained at the other end. Not just at my sites, but also the other
links I post to other sites, and links to JRS's sites.
..i am an ol'man trying to make some money for my retirement...

Would that make you the pathetic, angry teenager who's lost your shift key?
Andres 'arse' Thompson

(shakes head sadly) If you intend to insult me, please put some
effort into it, ..or perhaps get your mum to help you.

icassiem