netbeans + siemens s55 emulator

Discussion in 'Java' started by Kai Schlamp, Jan 12, 2004.

  1. Kai Schlamp

    Kai Schlamp Guest

    Hello!

    I am new to j2me and also new in using netbeans.
    I am trying to connect the siemens s55 mobile phone emulator to netbeans
    3.5.1.
    The problem is, that everytime i try to execute the test program
    (HelloMIDlet) with that emulator, the emulator starts up and on the virtual
    mobile phone is written: "Error/One or more MIDlet class(s) not found:
    HelloMIDlet"
    But if i just start the emulator as standalone and then load the .class file
    which was compiled during the execution try in netbeans, the Hello World
    Program works.

    If it helps, here is my configuration:

    Windows XP
    J2SDK 1.4.2
    Netbeans 3.5.1 with following modules installed:
    kjava.nbm (J2ME Wireless)
    kjava-emulator_win.nbm (J2MEWTK 1.0.4 Win)
    kjava-obfuscator-retroguard.nbm
    kjava-obfuscator-jode.nbm
    Siemens SMTK (0.13.2.59) and S55 Emulator (V0.12.11) installed and chosen as
    Default Emulator in the Runtime Window of Netbeans
    J2ME Wireless Toolkit 2.1 installed.

    Netbeans works flawless with the emulator integrated in J2ME Wireless
    Toolkit 1.0.4 and 2.1.

    In the Programmer Reference from Siemens it is written, that the emulator
    should work with Sun One Studio with the above mentioned modules installed.
    So it should also work in Netbeans with the same modules, or?

    Any help is appreciated.

    So long, Kai.
    Kai Schlamp, Jan 12, 2004

  2. Kai Schlamp wrote:

    > Hello!
    >
    > I am new to j2me and also new in using netbeans.
    > I am trying to connect the siemens s55 mobile phone emulator to netbeans
    > 3.5.1.
    > The problem is, that everytime i try to execute the test program
    > (HelloMIDlet) with that emulator, the emulator starts up and on the
    > virtual mobile phone is written: "Error/One or more MIDlet class(s) not
    > found: HelloMIDlet"

    When you start up the emulator, do you have the MIDlet suite included in the
    classpath?

    --
    Darryl L. Pierce <>
    Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://mypage.org/mcpierce>
    Darryl L. Pierce, Jan 12, 2004

  3. Kai Schlamp

    Kai Schlamp Guest

    > When you start up the emulator, do you have the MIDlet suite included in
    the
    > classpath?

    I think, that this is done automatically. But I solved my problem.
    The Execution does not work, when the project files on the pc are in a
    folder with whitspaces (e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\myName\My
    Documents\SiemensTest).
    It does work in simple short folder (e.g. C:\SieTest).

    Greetings,
    Kai
    Kai Schlamp, Jan 14, 2004
  4. Kai Schlamp

    Guest

    Thanks, that saved me about 2 days work.

    Sam90
    , Dec 19, 2004