netbeans + siemens s55 emulator

Kai Schlamp

Hello!

I am new to j2me and also new in using netbeans.
I am trying to connect the siemens s55 mobile phone emulator to netbeans
3.5.1.
The problem is, that everytime i try to execute the test program
(HelloMIDlet) with that emulator, the emulator starts up and on the virtual
mobile phone is written: "Error/One or more MIDlet class(s) not found:
HelloMIDlet"
But if i just start the emulator as standalone and then load the .class file
which was compiled during the execution try in netbeans, the Hello World
Program works.

If it helps, here is my configuration:

Windows XP
J2SDK 1.4.2
Netbeans 3.5.1 with following modules installed:
kjava.nbm (J2ME Wireless)
kjava-emulator_win.nbm (J2MEWTK 1.0.4 Win)
kjava-obfuscator-retroguard.nbm
kjava-obfuscator-jode.nbm
Siemens SMTK (0.13.2.59) and S55 Emulator (V0.12.11) installed and chosen as
Default Emulator in the Runtime Window of Netbeans
J2ME Wireless Toolkit 2.1 installed.

Netbeans works flawless with the emulator integrated in J2ME Wireless
Toolkit 1.0.4 and 2.1.

In the Programmer Reference from Siemens it is written, that the emulator
should work with Sun One Studio with the above mentioned modules installed.
So it should also work in Netbeans with the same modules, or?

Any help is appreciated.

So long, Kai.

Darryl L. Pierce

Kai said:
Hello!

I am new to j2me and also new in using netbeans.
I am trying to connect the siemens s55 mobile phone emulator to netbeans
3.5.1.
The problem is, that everytime i try to execute the test program
(HelloMIDlet) with that emulator, the emulator starts up and on the
virtual mobile phone is written: "Error/One or more MIDlet class(s) not
found: HelloMIDlet"

When you start up the emulator, do you have the MIDlet suite included in the
classpath?

Kai Schlamp

When you start up the emulator, do you have the MIDlet suite included in
the
classpath?

I think, that this is done automatically. But I solved my problem.
The Execution does not work, when the project files on the pc are in a
folder with whitspaces (e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\myName\My
Documents\SiemensTest).
It does work in simple short folder (e.g. C:\SieTest).

Greetings,
Kai