    It important to say that this has working before and if i compile the
    program it will load whole gui with forms and buttons.

    Where can i switch this options ?

    Likux, Jun 2, 2011

  2. In article <is88ft$4hu$>,
    "Likux" <> wrote:

    > I have "strange" problem. I created java desktop app under netbeans,
    > added some basic design, buttons, forms etc.

    Just to clarify: Did you create a "Java Desktop Application" or a "Java
    Application"? More on the difference may be found here:

    <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2561540>

    > After some basic programming i compilled the program without errors.
    > You can see the whole gui.
    >
    > After that i added some code and new class ( deleted one of the old
    > ones ) and now there's no design or source tab.

    Did you delete any files ending in ".form"? They contain the design
    details.

    > E.g. if i click on some file (let's say maintest.java ) i will get
    > the source but there is no switching to design view. If i run
    > inspector i get empty window.
    >
    > It important to say that this has working before and if i compile the
    > program it will load whole gui with forms and buttons.
    >
    > Where can i switch this options ?

    Look for buttons labeled "Source and "Design".

    --
    John B. Matthews
    trashgod at gmail dot com

    John B. Matthews, Jun 2, 2011

  3. Likux

    Likux Guest

    > Just to clarify: Did you create a "Java Desktop Application" or a "Java
    > Application"?

    * I created java application.

    > Did you delete any files ending in ".form"? They contain the design
    > details.

    * i didn't delete anything accept one class.
    In the files/src folder you can find just 3 files and all of them have
    ..java extension. Nothing else is in the source folder.

    > Look for buttons labeled "Source and "Design".

    * this is what i am looking for :)

    Thank you for your time.

    Likux, Jun 3, 2011
  4. In article <isa09j$dnc$>, Likux <>
    wrote:

    > > Just to clarify: Did you create a "Java Desktop Application" or a
    > > "Java Application"?

    > * I created java application.
    >
    > > Did you delete any files ending in ".form"? They contain the design
    > > details.

    > * i didn't delete anything accept one class.
    > In the files/src folder you can find just 3 files and all of them have
    > .java extension. Nothing else is in the source folder.

    Sadly, if the corresponding ".form" files are missing, then the required
    design information is lost with them. My scratch project looks like this:

    $ ls guibuilder/src/temp/
    Main.form Main.java

    If you have no backup and the loss is sufficiently recent, NetBeans'
    Local History may have a copy.

    > > Look for buttons labeled "Source and "Design".

    > * this is what i am looking for :)

    I recall having to close and re-open a project occasionally in 6.8 to
    restore the buttons, but not in more recent versions.

    --
    John B. Matthews
    trashgod at gmail dot com

    John B. Matthews, Jun 3, 2011