Netframework 1.1 install blows up

Tom Beretvas

I am trying to use Symantec Norton Ghost. This implicitly invokes
..Netframework installation 1.1 which blows up with an error 2908.
I tried to download 1.1 package and install it. It blows up with the same
error. Followed the instruction dotnetfx.exe... Tried to reinstall it. It
blows up.
I really do not know anything about this!

Help

Jeff Hora [MSFT]

Hi Tom,

There is a Support Knowledgebase article that addresses this problem: "PRB:
Installation of .NET Framework Fails and Requires Manual Removal" which can
be found at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320112.

HTH.

Regards,
--
Jeff Hora
MCSD (.NET & VS6), ITIL Foundations

Tom Beretvas

I got the following answer from Jeff Hora:

However, I tried to follow the instructions to the letter, but the
problem does not go away....

Can you help?