    So whats causing this problem?

    Any thoughts appreciated,
    PW
    PW, Oct 28, 2007

  2. "PW" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I have a Netgear DG834G (v3) wireless router. I also host an ASP website
    > from my home computer. I had a problem when I first got this router that
    > was blocking requests from outside from seeing the website. I overcame

    that
    > problem by adding a firewall rule and everything has been working fine for
    > months.
    >
    > Then last night I had my computer hang several times on a file called
    > agp440.sys. After many attempts I finally got that problem resolved.
    > Everything works, even my internet access. However I cannot see my ASP
    > website when I use the normal URL. I've checked the firewall rules and

    they
    > are all still there and appear to be in effect.
    >
    > So whats causing this problem?

    Are you sure your site is up and running? What happens if you attempt to
    use localhost to access your site?

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET
    Anthony Jones, Oct 28, 2007

  3. PW

    PW Guest

    "Anthony Jones" <> wrote in message

    > Are you sure your site is up and running? What happens if you attempt to
    > use localhost to access your site?

    Yes, it runs fine using localhost.

    However, in the meantime I have resolved the problem. If someone else has a
    similar problem, read this ...
    http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netgear/DG834GT/HTTP.htm

    I'm still not exactly sure what the problem was, but what I did was delete
    the existing firewall rule (which I created months ago) that allows HTTP
    requests, and tried to re-create the same rule. But it wouldn't let me
    because it said a rule for opening port 80 already existed !! So I found
    the other existing rule and enabled that, and it worked.

    Why my existing rule was allowed to be created (months ago mind you) when a
    port 80 rule already existed ... I don't understand.

    Anyway, it works now, so I'm happy (but still confused).
    PW, Oct 28, 2007