Netlist simulation

ec

Hi

I want to understand : After netlist is generated
and compiled , in case that the original model includes
component instantiations , do I need a new testbench
that "sees" the whole new generated netlist as "one piece"
without components ?

Thanks
ec

Ajeetha

A good, well designed testbench should serve both RTL & gate leve with
minimal changes (if any). In VHDL since hierarchical access isn't
allowed usually the tb tries to observe only ports in which case no
change should be required - that's theory. However teams usually use
some form SignalSpy like feature to probe internal nodes, this can
complicate the netlist sim especially if the netlist is a flattenned
one. But it is not that hard to make it work. Other problem can be
timing, but tell us what your actual problem is.

Regards
Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com