netobj.GetSystemInfo()

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Anil Gupte, Oct 20, 2007.

  1. Anil Gupte

    Anil Gupte Guest

    Anil Gupte, Oct 20, 2007

  2. "Anil Gupte" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > In Javascript there is this function netobj.GetSystemInfo()

    I don't know any version of Javascript that contains a netobj object. What
    does it do?

    > Is there an equivalent in ASP?

    ASP describes a pre-process and a context for a script language of which the
    two most commonly used are VBScript and JScript (microsofts flavour of
    Javascript).

    I suspect that what you are after can be found using WMI or ADSI. You can
    best get help with this by posting to the VBScript group describing what
    GetSystemInfo does? The WMI and ADSI experts hang out in that group.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET
    Anthony Jones, Oct 20, 2007

  3. Anil Gupte

    Anil Gupte Guest

    Thanx, I am looking to find the IP address, MAC address, Windows Version
    etc. and ideally I want to know if some specific components are installed
    such as our plugin to WM Player. Is this possible in ASP? I know it is in
    ..Net

    Where would I find the VBScript group you spoke of?

    Thanx,
    --
    Anil Gupte
    www.keeninc.net

    Anil Gupte, Oct 20, 2007
  4. "Anil Gupte" <> wrote in message
    > Thanx, I am looking to find the IP address, MAC address, Windows Version
    > etc. and ideally I want to know if some specific components are installed
    > such as our plugin to WM Player. Is this possible in ASP? I know it is

    in
    > .Net

    microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript

    --