netobj.GetSystemInfo()

Anil Gupte

In Javascript there is this function netobj.GetSystemInfo()

Is there an equivalent in ASP?

Anthony Jones

Anil Gupte said:
In Javascript there is this function netobj.GetSystemInfo()

I don't know any version of Javascript that contains a netobj object. What
does it do?
Is there an equivalent in ASP?

ASP describes a pre-process and a context for a script language of which the
two most commonly used are VBScript and JScript (microsofts flavour of
Javascript).

I suspect that what you are after can be found using WMI or ADSI. You can
best get help with this by posting to the VBScript group describing what
GetSystemInfo does? The WMI and ADSI experts hang out in that group.

Anil Gupte

Thanx, I am looking to find the IP address, MAC address, Windows Version
etc. and ideally I want to know if some specific components are installed
such as our plugin to WM Player. Is this possible in ASP? I know it is in
..Net

Where would I find the VBScript group you spoke of?

Thanx,

Anthony Jones

Anil Gupte said:
Thanx, I am looking to find the IP address, MAC address, Windows Version
etc. and ideally I want to know if some specific components are installed
such as our plugin to WM Player. Is this possible in ASP? I know it is in
.Net

microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript