Netscape 6 support for XML

Discussion in 'XML' started by EU citizen, Jan 30, 2005.

  1. EU citizen

    EU citizen Guest

    EU citizen, Jan 30, 2005

  2. EU citizen wrote:

    > Netscape 6 is supposed to support XML.

    > Have I made some sort of mistake, or is support for XML more patchy than
    > is generally indicated?

    I don't know about XML support specifically, but Netscape 6 is generally
    considered to have been released too early. The Mozilla source tree it was
    spun off was not mature enough. I'd suggest upgrading to the latest version
    of Mozilla or Firefox. (Or Netscape 7.whatever is latest if you *really*
    want to stick with Netscape).

    Testing with Firefox 1.0 shows that accented characters do display, so it
    looks like a (now fixed) browser bug.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Jan 30, 2005

  3. EU citizen