Netscape not seeing background image

Guest

Hello,

I have CSS style LogoMain as follows:

..LogoMain
{
background-attachment: scroll;
background-image: url(images\LogoCD.gif);
background-position: left top;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

I want to use this as background, either at the <body> or <table> level via
"class=". Both work fine in IE; neither works in Netscape 4 or 7 (even with
something in the foreground), although per my html docs I think they both
*should*.

Any idea why this doesn't work in Netscape?

As an alternative, I can use "background=" for the image, which works, but I
don't see a way to not have it tile. What I'm trying to do is pretty simple:
use a single gif for logo across top of site and sidebar down the left,
rather than break them into separate images and piece them back together.

Thanks,

Bill

bruce barker

probably due to your invalid image path, try:

background-image: url(images/LogoCD.gif)

IE will translate \ to / with web requests, but other browsers don't.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

Yes, thank you!