Netscape Problem: Flash objects within tables

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Richie Bisset, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. Hi All,

    hopefully someone can help me. A colleague at work has passed me over a
    page he made with dreamweaver to see if i can sort it out. The page
    contains a reasonably complex table and three of the cells in the table
    contain flash objects. These flash objects ars supposed to be exactly
    the same size as the cells which contain them.

    In IE this works just fine, however in netscape it appears that the
    browser adds a strip 4 pixels wide which is empty just below the flash
    objects. This obviously throws the alignment of other stuff on the page
    out. I have never come across this before(although i've never had to
    constrain flash sprites quite like this before) to add to this given
    that the page was generated in dreamweaver the resultant code is not
    exactly the best organised or neatest i've come across.

    has anyone had similar problems before? can anyone point me in the
    direction of a solution, i've checked the cellpadding and the
    cellspacing and it's all fine i've tried setting hspace and vspace to 0
    within the object and embed tags even though i'm not sure these tags
    support hspace or vspace and frankly i'm now completely stumped.

    any help would be hugely appreciated.

    cheers,

    richie
    Richie Bisset, Jul 25, 2003

  2. Richie Bisset

    brucie Guest

    In post <>
    Richie Bisset said...

    > The page contains a reasonably complex table [...] In IE this works just
    > fine, however in netscape it appears that the browser adds a strip 4 pixels
    > [...]

    1. http://validator.w3.org/ http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
    2. good: <td><whatever...></td>
    bad: <td>
    <whatever...>
    3. http://devedge.netscape.com/viewsource/2002/img-table/

    next time supply a URI so people don't need to waste their time
    guessing what the problem may be.

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 26/July/2003 07:34:04 am kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/
    brucie, Jul 25, 2003