    Where did I go wrong? Thanks a lot for any info. I ended up redoing
    this page, removing the style and using the dreaded font tag to keep
    the text from spilling over.

    Jeanne D, Dec 1, 2005

  2. Jeanne D wrote:

    > I have a page that looks OK in IE, but not so OK in Netscape

    Netscape what? 4.x? 6/7? 8?

    > http://jeannedecarolis.com/about_us_etea2.html

    Uses HTML 3.2. Why? HTML 4.01 came out about a decade ago and is well
    supported.

    Except it doesn't /really/ use HTML 3.2 as can be checked from a simple
    automated check:
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://jeannedecarolis.com/about_us_etea2.html

    Abuses tables for layout.

    http://www.allmyfaqs.net/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts

    Your alt text leaves something to be desired...

    Welcome to Etea Welcome to Etea Welcome to Etea
    Welcome to Etea

    Your list of links isn't marked up as such ...

    Home About us Your first visit Massage benefits Types of massage Medical
    massage Gift certificates Corporate benefits Memberships Franchise Career
    Contact us Welcome to Etea

    http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Dec 1, 2005

  3. Jeanne D

    Jeanne D Guest

    David writes:
    <Netscape what? 4.x? 6/7? 8? >

    7.1 - the text flows out of the table and is not justified.

    Thanks for the comments.

    Jeanne D, Dec 2, 2005
  4. Jeanne D wrote:

    > I have a page that looks OK in IE, but not so OK in Netscape;
    >
    > http://jeannedecarolis.com/about_us_etea2.html
    >
    > Where did I go wrong? Thanks a lot for any info. I ended up redoing
    > this page, removing the style and using the dreaded font tag to keep
    > the text from spilling over.

    Why are you using heading elements <H2> for paragraphs of text? <h1>
    <h2> <h3>... are for just that, headings; paragraphs should be in <p>
    elements...style them accordingly if you want to change from the default.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Dec 2, 2005
  5. Jeanne D

    Jeanne D Guest

    Jonathan writes:

    Thank you, the page is looking much better and the initial problem
    seems
    to be fixed.

    Jeanne D, Dec 2, 2005
  6. Jeanne D

    kchayka Guest

    Jeanne D wrote:
    > Jonathan writes:

    Please, if you are going to use that abomination known as google groups
    to post to usenet, learn how to use it properly:
    <URL:http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/>

    Better yet, get yourself a real newsreader.

    > Thank you, the page is looking much better and the initial problem
    > seems to be fixed.

    If you're still referring to
    > http://jeannedecarolis.com/about_us_etea2.html

    then perhaps you should zoom text a notch or two and see how it looks
    then. They layout doesn't do so well at enlarged text sizes.

    kchayka, Dec 2, 2005
  7. Jeanne D

    carolyn Guest

    Jeanne D wrote:

    > I have a page that looks OK in IE, but not so OK in Netscape;
    >
    > http://jeannedecarolis.com/about_us_etea2.html
    >
    > Where did I go wrong? Thanks a lot for any info. I ended up redoing
    > this page, removing the style and using the dreaded font tag to keep
    > the text from spilling over.

    I don't know how IE or netscape displays it, but konqueror seems to butcher
    to borders. There are blank spaces just below About Us, and at the bottom
    of the image. There is a thin white line and a height change in the ETEA
    BODYWORKS & MASSAGE title - it slices the B into a | and a 3. Other than
    that it looks ok on the surface.

    Carolyn

    carolyn, Dec 3, 2005