Netscape problems

Vik

1. In IE 6.0, I can open a Web page http://localhost/MySite/MyPage.aspx,
which connects to an SQL Server without asking for log in.

In Netscape 7.1, the page requires log in. Provided the Windows user name
and password, the page can connect to the database only if the page is
already opened in IE. Otherwise login fails.

In a connection string (in Web.Config) I have:
"...; integrated security=SSPI; persist security info=False;..."
<identity impersonate="true" />

2. In Netscape (on localhost), the validation controls display the error
messages but the page with the errors is posted to the server.

How can I fix these problems?

Thanks.

Mark Fitzpatrick

Do you have basic authentication enabled on the server? If not, only IE can
authenticate because Navigator doesn't support NTLM authentication.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

Vik

Thank you.

Another problem: in Netscape, the Validators display error messages but a
page is posted and code executed (on localhost). In IE everything is fine.

Vik