Netscape, xml problem

Discussion in 'XML' started by Pavel, Aug 27, 2004.

  1. Pavel

    Pavel Guest

    Greetings to all,

    I need use different xsl stylesheet files with the same xml data. I
    haven't been able to make the following xml include working under NN7:

    ---cut----
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="contacts.xsl"?>
    <!DOCTYPE companies [
    <!ENTITY contacts SYSTEM "contacts.xml">
    ]>

    <wrapper>
    &contacts;
    </wrapper>
    ---cut----

    It works in IE6.... Not that it's important ;-)

    contacts.xml looks like (with no xml header):
    <companies>
    <company ...>
    </company>
    </companies>

    What am I doing wrong? Or it's not supported by NN?

    Any suggestions are very appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Pavel

    Pavel, Aug 27, 2004

  2. Pavel wrote:

    > I need use different xsl stylesheet files with the same xml data. I
    > haven't been able to make the following xml include working under NN7:
    >
    > ---cut----
    > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    > <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="contacts.xsl"?>
    > <!DOCTYPE companies [
    > <!ENTITY contacts SYSTEM "contacts.xml">
    > ]>
    >
    > <wrapper>
    > &contacts;
    > </wrapper>
    > ---cut----
    >
    > It works in IE6.... Not that it's important ;-)
    >
    > contacts.xml looks like (with no xml header):
    > <companies>
    > <company ...>
    > </company>
    > </companies>
    >
    > What am I doing wrong? Or it's not supported by NN?

    Netscape's XML parser doesn't support external entities, it doesn't have
    to as it is a non-validating parser:
    http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-20040204/#proc-types

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Aug 28, 2004

  3. Pavel

    Pavel Guest

    Is there any way I can use the same xml file with multiple stylesheets
    in NN7 w/out server side xslt processing ?
    Thanks
    Pavel

    Pavel, Aug 31, 2004
  4. Martin Honnen, Aug 31, 2004