Network Credentials problem

Fresno Bob

This is a little off topic but I am finding security in a non domain
environment totally mystifying

Can anyone help me. I work in a workgroup environment as opposed to domain
controlled. The minute I do anything with reporting services or analysis
services that is between machines I get problems.

Can anyone give me an overview of how credentials are passed in a non domain
environment.

I am using a reportviewer control to access reporting services and I can
access the remote server by passing network credentials but my report fails
if it is using Analysis Services.

I can't deploy to SSAS or SSRS from my machine unless I log into my machine
with a username and account that is the same as the machine being deployed
to. How do I tell BIDS what credentials to use.