    it comes to C++, preferably nothing specific either to Windows nor Linux.

    Thanks in advance
    Mikael Auno

    Mikael Auno, Jul 25, 2004

  2. Mikael Auno

    Phlip Guest

    Mikael Auno wrote:

    > I'd like to learn som network programming in C++, but I don't quite know
    > where to start. I already know socket programming in Java so on the
    > networking part there's no problem. I'd just like to know where I can
    > find some info about the usual conventions of network programming when
    > it comes to C++, preferably nothing specific either to Windows nor Linux.

    You are asking about "Berkeley sockets". E-search for that to get started.
    But be warned everything you find will be on-topic somewhere else besides
    this newsgroup.

    --
    Phlip

    Phlip, Jul 25, 2004

  3. Mikael Auno

    Mikael Auno Guest

    Phlip wrote:

    > Mikael Auno wrote:
    >

    >>I'd like to learn som network programming in C++, but I don't quite know
    >>where to start. I already know socket programming in Java so on the
    >>networking part there's no problem. I'd just like to know where I can
    >>find some info about the usual conventions of network programming when
    >>it comes to C++, preferably nothing specific either to Windows nor Linux.

    > You are asking about "Berkeley sockets". E-search for that to get started.
    > But be warned everything you find will be on-topic somewhere else besides
    > this newsgroup.

    Thanks, that was most helpful.

    Mikael Auno, Jul 25, 2004
  4. Mikael Auno

    db Guest

    Mikael Auno wrote:

    > I'd like to learn som network programming in C++, but I don't quite know
    > where to start. I already know socket programming in Java so on the
    > networking part there's no problem. I'd just like to know where I can
    > find some info about the usual conventions of network programming when
    > it comes to C++, preferably nothing specific either to Windows nor Linux.

    http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE.html
    http://www.melikyan.com/ptypes/ or
    http://www.wxwidgets.org/

    br