    amany Guest

    if any one can help me with a piece of code to anlayze the packets i
    recieve through TCP/IP to view the layer 3 and layer 2 frame???

    amany, Jul 8, 2006

  2. amany

    Ian Collins Guest

    amany wrote:
    > if any one can help me with a piece of code to anlayze the packets i
    > recieve through TCP/IP to view the layer 3 and layer 2 frame???

    I'm sure you OS will provide the required tools, so you should ask on an
    OS specific group.

    --
    Ian Collins.

    Ian Collins, Jul 8, 2006

  3. amany

    amany Guest

    Ian Collins wrote:
    > amany wrote:
    > > if any one can help me with a piece of code to anlayze the packets i
    > > recieve through TCP/IP to view the layer 3 and layer 2 frame???
    > >

    > I'm sure you OS will provide the required tools, so you should ask on an
    > OS specific group.
    >
    > --
    > Ian Collins.

    hello
    i want to build a simple packet analyzer..stiill need to ask an OS
    groups??

    amany, Jul 8, 2006
  4. amany

    Ian Collins Guest

    amany wrote:
    > Ian Collins wrote:
    >
    >>amany wrote:
    >>
    >>>if any one can help me with a piece of code to anlayze the packets i
    >>>recieve through TCP/IP to view the layer 3 and layer 2 frame???
    >>>

    >>I'm sure you OS will provide the required tools, so you should ask on an
    >>OS specific group.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Ian Collins.

    > hello
    > i want to build a simple packet analyzer..stiill need to ask an OS
    > groups??

    Network programming tends to be platform specific and you will get
    better help on a group dedicated to programming on your platform. There
    may well be a tool you can use and simply parse its output.

    Note, it's normal practice on Usenet not to quote signatures (the bit
    below the --).

    --
    Ian Collins.

    Ian Collins, Jul 8, 2006
  5. amany

    Phlip Guest

    amany wrote:

    > if any one can help me with a piece of code to anlayze the packets i
    > recieve through TCP/IP to view the layer 3 and layer 2 frame???

    Google for pcap, libpcap, and winpcap. It wedges your TCP layer and reports
    all the packets.

    And always find the best newsgroup for a question. This one is only
    qualified to discuss C++, and you are only lucky anyone here knew the
    answer.

    --
    Phlip

    Phlip, Jul 8, 2006
  6. amany

    Rolf Magnus Guest

    amany wrote:

    > Ian Collins wrote:
    >> amany wrote:
    >> > if any one can help me with a piece of code to anlayze the packets i
    >> > recieve through TCP/IP to view the layer 3 and layer 2 frame???
    >> >

    >> I'm sure you OS will provide the required tools, so you should ask on an
    >> OS specific group.
    >>

    > i want to build a simple packet analyzer..stiill need to ask an OS
    > groups??

    Yes, because network programming is OS specific. Of course, you have to
    choose an OS specific _programming_ newsgroup. ISO C++, which is the topic
    of comp.lang.c++, doesn't provide any functionality for network
    programming.

    Rolf Magnus, Jul 9, 2006
  7. amany

    Jim Langston Guest

    "amany" <> wrote in message
    > if any one can help me with a piece of code to anlayze the packets i
    > recieve through TCP/IP to view the layer 3 and layer 2 frame???

    Why don't you just download ethereal which allows you to examing all packets
    incoming and outgoing? Other than that, you'll need to do a lot of research
    in the socket code for your OS.

    Jim Langston, Jul 12, 2006