network simulator in Python ?

DanielJohnson

I was wondering if anyblody can suggest me a network simulator written
in python in which I can add on my own code and extend its
functionality.

I am looking for a simulator which will simualte TCP, UDP, RTP and
most networking protocol. The learning curve for ns2 and other
simulator is too high for me at this time and thats why I am
considering Python for it.

Every help will be appreciated.

Thanks

jonathan.sabo

I was wondering if anyblody can suggest me a network simulator written
in python in which I can add on my own code and extend its
functionality.

I am looking for a simulator which will simualte TCP, UDP, RTP and
most networking protocol. The learning curve for ns2 and other
simulator is too high for me at this time and thats why I am
considering Python for it.

Every help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Google for Scapy

peter rabinovitch

Have a look at simpy.

Although it doesn't do the protocols you mention, it is a very good
(imho)simulation toolkit in which it would be relatively easy to build
whatever protocols you need.

I am using it for a traffic management simulation project, and have found it
very easy to get going and be productive, and my one technical question to
the simpy mail list was answered with three good suggestions in an hour.

The only drawback may be speed.

John D Salt

I was wondering if anyblody can suggest me a network simulator [Snips]
I am looking for a simulator
[Snips]
Google for Scapy

I don't think Scapy is a simulator, is it?

I second the recommendation for SimPy for writing simulation programs. If
you require a simulator specifically, I don't know of one in Python.

All the best,

John.