    considering Python for it.

    Every help will be appreciated.

    Thanks

    DanielJohnson, Feb 21, 2007

  2. DanielJohnson

    Guest

    On Feb 21, 12:26 pm, "DanielJohnson" <> wrote:
    > I was wondering if anyblody can suggest me a network simulator written
    > in python in which I can add on my own code and extend its
    > functionality.
    >
    > I am looking for a simulator which will simualte TCP, UDP, RTP and
    > most networking protocol. The learning curve for ns2 and other
    > simulator is too high for me at this time and thats why I am
    > considering Python for it.
    >
    > Every help will be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks

    Google for Scapy

    , Feb 21, 2007

  3. Have a look at simpy.

    Although it doesn't do the protocols you mention, it is a very good
    (imho)simulation toolkit in which it would be relatively easy to build
    whatever protocols you need.

    I am using it for a traffic management simulation project, and have found it
    very easy to get going and be productive, and my one technical question to
    the simpy mail list was answered with three good suggestions in an hour.

    The only drawback may be speed.

    peter rabinovitch, Feb 22, 2007
  4. DanielJohnson

    John D Salt Guest

    "" <> wrote in

    > On Feb 21, 12:26 pm, "DanielJohnson" <> wrote:
    >> I was wondering if anyblody can suggest me a network simulator

    [Snips]
    >> I am looking for a simulator

    [Snips]
    > Google for Scapy

    I don't think Scapy is a simulator, is it?

    I second the recommendation for SimPy for writing simulation programs. If
    you require a simulator specifically, I don't know of one in Python.

    All the best,

    John.

    John D Salt, Feb 23, 2007