Network time to C time

santosh

Are leap seconds mentioned in the C-Standard? ...

Yes as a footnote for 7.23.1(4) on page 338 of n1256.

PS. Yes I realise n1256 is not _the_ Standard, but I doubt that they
differ in this case.

Richard

santosh said:
Yes as a footnote for 7.23.1(4) on page 338 of n1256.

PS. Yes I realise n1256 is not _the_ Standard, but I doubt that they
differ in this case.

Maybe you could quote then to sort out this dilemma which CBFalconer has
stated is "off topic"?

santosh

Maybe you could quote then to sort out this dilemma which CBFalconer
has stated is "off topic"?

There is no dilemma. Though network time is off-topic, OP's question was
topical, and it has been answered extensively. I suggest dropping this
thread.

David Schwartz

Because "networks" are not mentioned in the C standards documents.

Nonsense. Sparse matrices aren't mentioned in C standards documents
either, but a question about how to implement sparse matrices in
strictly-compliant C would certainly be on topic.

DS

James Kuyper

Richard wrote:
Are leap seconds mentioned in the C-Standard? ...

In n1256.pdf, footnote 274 says "The range [0, 60] for tm_sec allows for
a positive leap second."

Kenny McCormack

Richard wrote:
Are leap seconds mentioned in the C-Standard? ...

In n1256.pdf, footnote 274 says "The range [0, 60] for tm_sec allows for
a positive leap second."

Well, there ya go. We can talk about leap seconds here.
What a relief!