Network Webservice Access

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Baren, Jul 24, 2006.

  1. Baren

    Baren Guest

    I have a problem with accessing a web service hosted on a network system. In
    my clients place, the application server and the web server are 2 different.
    Client has created a virtual directory on the web server and has given me the
    network share access for the folder. After building my web service, I am
    physically copying the files into that virtual directory folder. I am able to
    check the web service using web browser, but when I am doing a web reference
    to the service from my windows application, it’s giving me this error “Server
    was unable to process request. ---> Login failed for userâ€. Even after
    putting this code into the proxy class,

    this.PreAuthenticate = true;

    this.UseDefaultCredentials = true;

    I am getting the same error. Do you know where I am doing wrong? Can you
    guys help me out in this? One more thing is that, we don’t have IIS on our
    local machine and also we don’t have access to the web server other than the
    network share.

    Baren, Jul 24, 2006