Networking Question

Raza S. Ali

Hello everyone,
I have a somewhat specific question, and any help that anyone can give
me would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to set up a UDP connection
in C, and I am using the following commands:
int s = socket( ... );
bind (s ... )

I have this working, and I can send to one user using the sendto( ... )
method, which allows for the conectionless world of UDP, but I am trying
to get it so that anyone who is within a network can recieve the packet I
am sending out, not just a specific user. I am trying to do this without
using a multicast protocol, and I can't figure out a way. The reason I
don't want to use multicast, is that will inevitably send the packet to
everyone within the network, not a group of what I will call 'neighbors'
within the topology. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Raza Ali
Computer Science and Economics
Carnegie Mellon University '05

Christopher Benson-Manica

Raza S. Ali said:
I have a somewhat specific question, and any help that anyone can give
me would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to set up a UDP connection
in C, and I am using the following commands:
int s = socket( ... );
bind (s ... )

(Best answer comp.lang.c can provide follows.)

Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c. Please visit