never ending progress bar

coldfact

Hi,
I found this thread
http://groups-beta.google.com/group....aspnet/browse_thread/thread/e3bba7966c55fd20
from 2003 and like Sunil found that my
document.getElementById('element').src; line was likely the culprit.
Does anyone know why that may be? My very cheesey hack to fix this was
to repeat the line:
document.getElementById('element').src;
document.getElementById('element').src; // <-- fixes progress bar

so the problem is "fixed" - but if anyone knows what may have been
wrong to begin with, I would appreciate your insight. I don't really
like making such cheesey fixes :)
Thanks!
cf

Lucas Tam

(e-mail address removed) wrote in
Hi,
I found this thread
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.a
spnet/browse_thread/thread/e3bba7966c55fd20 from 2003 and like Sunil
found that my document.getElementById('element').src; line was likely
the culprit. Does anyone know why that may be? My very cheesey hack to
fix this was to repeat the line:
document.getElementById('element').src;
document.getElementById('element').src; // <-- fixes progress bar

Attach a debugger to Internet explorer process... check to see what the
first document.getElementById returns.