New 2.0 install problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhc2U=?=, Jan 28, 2006.

  1. I just got access to a newly imaged Server 2003 Standard edition machine. I
    installed the .NET 2.0 framework on it and went through the Configure Your
    Server wizards to make this an application server with asp.net.

    My problem is this, the server will not serve any .aspx pages. I have
    created a new virtual directory, made it an application, and copied the files
    from another working server to this directory (they were created using
    Express 2005 web developer). When I request the page from my server using IE
    I get the error 'Cannot find server or DNS error' I have the same problems
    requesting the page while logged on to the server, or from another machine.
    I am pretty sure IIS is working, because I can request a .htm file from the
    same directory:
    http://myserver/mysite/default.aspx -- 'Cannot find server of DNS error'
    http://myserver/mysite/test.htm -- Page renders fine

    I have ran aspnet_regiis -i (no errors in the install log), even ran -u
    beforehand, rebooted, everything I can think of. I did not think getting
    asp.net to run would be such a chore.

    What troubleshooting can I do to help narrow down the problem?

    Thanks,

    Chase

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhc2U=?=, Jan 28, 2006