new asp.net project - codebehind class file missing

Hilmar Demant

Hi,

i want to create a simple asp.net-applikation, so i choose new c# project -
asp.net-webapplication. After creating the project files on the webserver a
message appears:

The class file "WebForm1.aspx.cs" specified as the codebehin for
"WebForm1.aspx" could not be loaded. Make sure that the codebehind attribute
in the page or control directive properly references an existing code behind
file.

The first line of the WebForm1.aspx looks like that:
<%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false"
Inherits="SpreadsheetIntegrationDemoApp.WebForm1" %>

I use VisualStudio.NET 2003 (7.1.3088) and .NET Framework 1.1.4322

What's wrong? Many thanks for help

Hilmar

Karl

Is there a webForm1.aspx.cs file? Go to your solution explorer, at the top
you should se 6 little icons, if you hover over them one should say "show
all files" (it should be the 2nd last), click on it. A + should appear
next to your webform1.aspx...hit the plus and make sure there's a
webform1.aspx.cs...if there isn't...I dunno, maybe try again from scratch?

Karl

Hilmar Demant

Hi,

no there is no .cs-file. I tried it several times from scratch - it is just
one click new project - so sad that this simple task dont work for me.

Has anybody an explanation?

Karl

All I was able to find was this

" webform1.aspx/cs are files that are created automatically by visual studio
when you create a new project.

If it works fine when you log in as Administrator it sounds like you've got
a faulty installation. I would recommend you reinstall visual studio. You
should have admistrative access (belong to the administrators group) when
you install software.

Good luck. "

Sorry
Karl

Hilmar Demant

i am member of the admin-group. very weird.
All I was able to find was this
" webform1.aspx/cs are files that are created automatically by visual studio
when you create a new project.
If it works fine when you log in as Administrator it sounds like you've got
a faulty installation. I would recommend you reinstall visual studio. You
should have admistrative access (belong to the administrators group) when
you install software.

Hilmar Demant

i do first a repair of visualstudio and then i uninstall und reinstall
studio complete.
Nothing changes... :(

Hilmar Demant

in my despair i have reinstalled all relevant components:
- visual studio
- iis
- asp.net

nothing changes. All files except the code-behind source file (doesnt matter
to use c# or vb) are created.

Has nobody experienced the same problem?

jandry

I got the problem on 2 PCs. They have Windows 200 SP4, Visual Studio
2003 and Framework 1.1.
We are doing asp.net with vb langage.
When I try to open design, even after recompiling solution, I got the
message "The class file 'page.aspx' specified as the codebehind for
'page.aspx.vb' could not be loaded. Make sure that the codebehind
attribute in the page or control directive properly references an
existing code behind file."
My solution is working well on other PC, the codebehind is correct and
the project compile and execute correctly.

More over, in the solution explorer when you are on the vb file, click
on the design icon, the previous message appears followed by this
french message :
"Aucun éditeur disponible for 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\page.aspx'. Vérifiez
que l'application correspond au type de fichier (.aspx) est
installée."
in english something like :
"No editor available for 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\page.aspx'. Please verify
that your application for aspx file is installed."

I try to do a new empty solution,
I try to repair Visual Studio 2003,
I try to uninstall and install newly Visual studio 2003 and framework

but the problem still there.

Please help I have no more idea except reinstall the whole PC.