New Book: Practical Ajax Projects with Java Technology

None

New Book: Practical Ajax Projects with Java Technology

Hello all. I just wanted to drop a note here telling you that a new
book has been released that may be of interest to some around these
parts. It is titled "Practical Ajax Projects with Java Technology" by
Frank W. Zammetti (Apress, ISBN 1-59059-695-1). If you are a web
developer, specifically working with Java technology, and especially
if you are the type of developer who learns best when you have
real-world code in front of you, not just some contrived theoretical
examples in an introductory article, then this book may be for you.

In it, the author starts with a review of the basics, including
JavaScript, CSS, DOM scripting, Ant, JSP, servlets, and so on. From
there he explores the inner working of seven Java applications
utilizing Ajax. Some of the applications include an online
mailreader, a photo sharing application, an RSS reader, a PIM
application and an adventure game ala the Ultima series!

Topics explored include the Dojo library, Prototype, the AjaxParts
Taglib in Java Web Parts (formerly AjaxTags), JSON, JSDigester,
Webwork, Struts, and much more.

This book is not really intended for complete novices however. It
does assume the reader has a decent grasp of Java and Java-based web
development, and at least a little exposure to client-side coding.

If you are looking for a good book on Ajax, I think this is a good one
to check out. You can get complete details here:

http://apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=10143

Thanks for your time, I hope this is useful. Take care!