New books: Learning Python, Python Pocket Reference 4th Eds

Discussion in 'Python' started by Mark Lutz, Sep 25, 2009.

  1. Mark Lutz

    Mark Lutz Guest

    I'm happy to announce new, 4th editions of the O'Reilly books
    Learning Python and Python Pocket Reference.

    These new editions have been thoroughly updated and expanded
    to cover both Python 3.1 and 2.6, and fully present features
    that appear in each Python line. Whether you're using Python
    2.X, using Python 3.X, or stuck somewhere in between, you'll
    find these editions tailored to your current and future needs.

    In addition to language changes, the new Learning Python has
    been augmented with a new OOP tutorial chapter, as well as
    new advanced topic chapters that explore Unicode processing,
    managed attributes, decorators, and metaclasses.

    For a more detailed description of the changes in the new
    Learning Python, please see the early draft Preface excerpt:

    http://www.rmi.net/~lutz/lp4e-preface-preview.html

    For more details on both books, see O'Reilly's web pages:

    http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596158064/
    http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596158088/

    I also maintain pages about these books at:

    http://www.rmi.net/~lutz

    The new Learning Python is available today, in both paper and
    a variety of ebook and online forms; the Pocket Reference is
    printing and will be available shortly.

    Cheers,
    --Mark Lutz
    Mark Lutz, Sep 25, 2009

  2. Thanks Mark.

    2009/9/26 Mark Lutz <>:
    > I'm happy to announce new, 4th editions of the O'Reilly books
    > Learning Python and Python Pocket Reference.

    [....]

    It was pleasant and such a fun going through LP(2nd ed for me). Python
    Cook book was a nice complement too.

    I miss those days when I hurriedly used to look up materials through
    it finding novel and cool ways of doing things (I still do find it
    very helpful) :)

    Thanks for such a wonderful resource.

    --
    Regards,