    receive unique session id's?

    Thanks for the help!!

    Gary
    Gary N., Jan 16, 2004

  2. Gary N.

    Tony Morris Guest

    Use URL Rewriting as the session management mechanism rather than cookies
    (which is the default of most servlet containers).

    --
    Tony Morris
    Software Engineer

    "Gary N." <> wrote in message
    > Hi -
    >
    > In JavaScript, I open several new child windows using the window.open
    > command and assigning each child a unique name. All of the children end

    up
    > with the same session id. This is a problem because I can't distinguish
    > between the children in the servlet code. The children also appear to

    share
    > the same bean values (set in child A will be obtained by a get in child

    B).

    Tony Morris, Jan 16, 2004

  3. Gary N.

    Gary N. Guest

    Thanks Tony! Where are the switches for URL rewriting? Hopefully, I can
    just switch this application.

    Gary N., Jan 16, 2004
  4. Gary N.

    Tony Morris Guest

    That is container dependant.
    You'll have to consult the documentation for whatever container that you are
    using.

    --
    Tony Morris
    Software Engineer

    Tony Morris, Jan 16, 2004
  5. Gary N.

    kaeli Guest

    In article <bu7vme$h00$>,
    enlightened us with...
    > That is container dependant.
    > You'll have to consult the documentation for whatever container that you are
    > using.

    Can't URL re-writing mess up things if a proxy server is used?

    Just curious.

    ~kaeli~
    Support your local medical examiner: die strangely!
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace
    kaeli, Jan 16, 2004
  6. Gary N.