new browser windows all recieve the same session id

Gary N.

Hi -

In JavaScript, I open several new child windows using the window.open
command and assigning each child a unique name. All of the children end up
with the same session id. This is a problem because I can't distinguish
between the children in the servlet code. The children also appear to share
the same bean values (set in child A will be obtained by a get in child B).

Using JavaScript window.open, is there a way to force child windows to
receive unique session id's?

Thanks for the help!!

Gary

Tony Morris

Use URL Rewriting as the session management mechanism rather than cookies
(which is the default of most servlet containers).

--
Tony Morris
Software Engineer

Gary N.

Thanks Tony! Where are the switches for URL rewriting? Hopefully, I can
just switch this application.

Gary N. said:
Hi -

In JavaScript, I open several new child windows using the window.open
command and assigning each child a unique name. All of the children end up
with the same session id. This is a problem because I can't distinguish
between the children in the servlet code. The children also appear to share
the same bean values (set in child A will be obtained by a get in child B).

Using JavaScript window.open, is there a way to force child windows to
receive unique session id's?

Thanks for the help!!

Gary

Tony Morris

That is container dependant.
You'll have to consult the documentation for whatever container that you are
using.

--
Tony Morris
Software Engineer

Gary N. said:
Hi -

In JavaScript, I open several new child windows using the window.open
command and assigning each child a unique name. All of the children
end
up
with the same session id. This is a problem because I can't distinguish
between the children in the servlet code. The children also appear to share
the same bean values (set in child A will be obtained by a get in
child
B).
Using JavaScript window.open, is there a way to force child windows to
receive unique session id's?

Thanks for the help!!

Gary

kaeli

That is container dependant.
You'll have to consult the documentation for whatever container that you are
using.

Can't URL re-writing mess up things if a proxy server is used?

Just curious.

Tony Morris

No.

--