New characters added when toggling Between Design & HTML Mode in Web Form Editor

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by timburda@hotmail.com, Jul 7, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Presently, when I add a new webform to asp.net project and begin
    filling out the content of the form, I am getting additional characters
    added to the HTML which appears in the HTML editor of the .NET IDE.

    The characters (such as ? or the strange windows box) appear throughout
    the document. If I remove the character, it disappears but then
    re-appears next time I switch between "Design" and "HTML".

    I am guessing it has something to do with a character set someplace, I
    just don't where.

    Also, for some reason, when I create a new webform, the following tag
    is added to the <head> section:

    <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
    charset=windows-1252">

    I would appreciate any help people can give me on this topic, or if you
    need more information, please let me know.

    Thanks -

    Tim

    , Jul 7, 2005