New EC200 embedded Java controller released

Alberto Torrecillas

Snijder Micro Systems just announced the public release of the second
generation of their Embedded Java™ Controller (EJC®) product line,
codenamed EC200.

The EJC is a family of embedded controllers that implement a
full-fledged Java platform for network-enabled and standalone
applications. The new EC200 modules provide an Ethernet based
connection to the Internet and numerous interfacing possibilities
including graphic LCD display, digital I/O, analog inputs, high speed
serial ports, dual I2C bus, Dallas 1-Wire, etc.

The software integrates Tao Group's intent® technology, featuring an
advanced Real Time Operating System and a Sun-certified Java Virtual
Machine (JVM) that combines unrivalled performance with minimal
footprint, due to the tight integration between kernel and JVM and to
the advanced translation technology which compiles all Java bytecode
to native code before execution. Java APIs are provided for efficient
access to hardware resources such as I/O ports, system memory and
memory-mapped devices, interrupts, and onboard peripherals. This
allows developers to adopt an all-in-one approach where applications,
system components, and even device drivers can be written entirely in
Java, without compromising on flexibility or performance.

More details can be found in the EJC website:
http://www.embedded-web.com/