New Gantt Chart Library for Swing: FlexGantt

Discussion in 'Java' started by dlemmermann@gmail.com, Mar 2, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    I would like to let you know that I have released a new commercial
    Java library for Swing, which is used to create advanced interactive
    Gantt charts. The implementation of this library took almost 2 1/2
    years.

    FlexGantt strictly follows the design principles found in Swing,
    which
    means that the library uses the model view controller (MVC) concept,
    pluggable renderers, pluggable editors, model listeners, etc...

    FlexGantt is a domain-independent Gantt chart implementation and can
    be used for a wide variety of planning and scheduling applications:
    project planning, project portfolio management, resource planning,
    resource optimization, enterprise resource planning, manufacturing
    and execution systems.....

    FlexGantt can be downloaded at http://www.flexgantt.com. The
    following is a list of some of its main features:

    - Model View Controller (MVC)
    - Built-In Printing (Preview Dialog, ...)
    - Layers with transparency
    - Paging (flip through a list of planning horizons)
    - Split View
    - Drag & Drop of tree nodes and activity bars
    - Autoscrolling of current time
    - Popup / Annotation Windows
    - Pluggable renderers for activity bars and events
    - Pluggable editors for tree table cells and activities
    - Completely customizable timeline
    - Animated zoom
    - Multi-column sorting in tree table
    - Rows with multiple inner lines (to avoid overlapping activity
    bars)
    - Variable row heights
    - Resizable row heights (individual or all at the same time)
    - ...

    Even though the FlexGantt version number is 0.1 it has already
    reached a high level of maturity due to an early adoptor program
    which
    has been on-going for more than a year.

    Dirk Lemmermann

    http://www.flexgantt.com
    , Mar 2, 2007

  2. On Mar 3, 3:41 am, wrote:
    > Hello,

    Yes, yes. The first time I noticed your little
    'advisory', I decided not to comment, but now
    that you have posted it to a ..number of places,
    I will ask that you please not become the latest
    in a long line of spamming multi-posters.

    > I would like to let you know that I have released a new ..

    How long will you consider it to be 'new'?
    And do you intend telling us again, for
    every minor update?

    Andrew T.
    Andrew Thompson, Mar 2, 2007

  3. Alex Hunsley Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I would like to let you know that I have released a new commercial
    > Java library for Swing, which is used to create advanced interactive
    > Gantt charts. The implementation of this library took almost 2 1/2
    > years.

    If you had a clue, you'd be aware of what this newsgroup is for. And
    it's not for posting adverts for commercial software.
    Alex Hunsley, Mar 2, 2007

    Andrew, Alex,

    you are absolutely right. My post was inappropriate for this group and
    too get annoyed by spamming. Not having posted in newsgroups for a
    couple
    of years and the euphoria that set in when I finally finished my lib
    must
    have made me careless when posting. Once again, sorry about the
    posting.

    Dirk
    , Mar 3, 2007
  5. On Mar 4, 1:27 am, wrote:
    > (snip)
    > ... Once again, sorry about the posting.

    I will take that to mean that it will not
    happen again*. No worries.

    * That is the only thing I am interested in
    hearing, but oddly it is the one thing people
    tend *not* to specifically state.

    Andrew T.
    Andrew Thompson, Mar 3, 2007

    On 3 Mrz., 15:56, "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote:
    > On Mar 4, 1:27 am, wrote:
    > ..
    >
    > > (snip)
    > > ... Once again, sorry about the posting.

    > I will take that to mean that it will not
    > happen again*. No worries.
    >
    > * That is the only thing I am interested in
    > hearing, but oddly it is the one thing people
    > tend *not* to specifically state.
    >
    > Andrew T.

    Correct, it will not happen again.

    Dirk
    , Mar 3, 2007

  1. news.microsoft.com

    Gantt Chart in ASP.net 2.0

    news.microsoft.com, Jun 14, 2005, in forum: ASP .Net
    Scott Allen
    Jun 14, 2005
  2. Maxim Senin/J2EE Experts at www.supremistic.com

    Gantt chart: is there an effective algorithm to validate?

    Maxim Senin/J2EE Experts at www.supremistic.com, Feb 25, 2004, in forum: Java