New garbage collector for C++

Discussion in 'C++' started by Jouni Tulkki, Jul 23, 2006.

  1. Jouni Tulkki

    Jouni Tulkki Guest

    Hello,

    I'm announing a new garbage collector library for C++. It differs from
    the popular Boehm garbage collector in that is uses a partially
    conservative algorithm. The stack is marked using a conservative
    algorithm but other memory areas are marked using a non-conservative
    algorithm.

    The library is written to be fast. All memory allocation and other
    algorithms are written for this particular purpose.

    The homepage is at

    http://users.tkk.fi/~jitulkki/truegc/

    The library contains source code and a test program that tests the
    library quite extensively. There is ofcourse no guarantee that the
    library is stable since it is only a few days old. Currently the library
    works only on Linux.

    - Jouni

    Jouni Tulkki, Jul 23, 2006

  2. Jouni Tulkki

    Jouni Tulkki Guest

    Jouni Tulkki wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm announing a new garbage collector library for C++. It differs from
    > the popular Boehm garbage collector in that is uses a partially
    > conservative algorithm. The stack is marked using a conservative
    > algorithm but other memory areas are marked using a non-conservative
    > algorithm.
    >
    > The library is written to be fast. All memory allocation and other
    > algorithms are written for this particular purpose.
    >
    > The homepage is at
    >
    > http://users.tkk.fi/~jitulkki/truegc/
    >
    > The library contains source code and a test program that tests the
    > library quite extensively. There is ofcourse no guarantee that the
    > library is stable since it is only a few days old. Currently the library
    > works only on Linux.
    >
    > - Jouni

    I have made new version 0.1.1 available, it should now work also on
    linux 2.6 kernels.

    http://users.tkk.fi/~jitulkki/truegc/

    -Jouni

    Jouni Tulkki, Jul 24, 2006